Thursday, July 11, 2013

Kaiju Week: Day 7 Size Matters

This may be day 7, but we still have one more post tomorrow! Not a large post today, but it is still something. Sit back and enjoy some Trendmaster toys I saved for today.

Father(?) and son(?)
From Trendmasters Godzilla 1998 toyline comes this large Godzilla figure. I don't remember the name of this one, but he has a button on his chest that used to make him swing side to side and roar. Used to. I accidentally broke the motor when I was younger by forcing him to turn. He still roars ( I put in batteries to check awhile ago) when the button is pressed. But his mouth does no open when he does it either.

    


 Such a grey area.
Alot of good details here, from his neck, all the scales, well molded spines, plenty of good stuff but his color scheme is 95% grey. Unlike other figures that at least have his spines blue. Despite the tripod stance, he has a hard time standing on carpet because of how top heavy it is. The arms have joints at the shoulders you can pose manually, the legs have a couple joints, and the tail can rotate. Overall not bad, but more color would of been nice.


Godzilla Briefcase
The last of my Godzilla 98' collection. The toy I begged my parents for. Called "Battle Action 8" for having eight features. Four being sounds. The various buttons on his handle do different things. Each with a different sound. One button is a clawswipe, another for chomping, stomping, and tail. This figure is pretty large, though outside of his sound effects, there is not alot you can actually do with him. I really should of asked for the Ultimate Godzilla that could swallow action figures instead. But I had no idea that even existed then.





Family photo
Being such a large toy it is only natural he have plenty of great details, which he does. Unlike the above figure however, this one shows a lot of great color choices. I love all the blue and the hues on it. Green looks great as well. This is probably the best painted large scale Godzilla from that line. I realize the base on one of the feet is for balance issues, but still it can get in the way when playing with him. Of course the handle is rather distracting. Couldn't they have done something with different spines doing different things? Anyhow, its nice for what it is. But as a collectible toy I don't see much of the same appeal as I did as a kid.


I will see you tomorrow for the final installment of Kaiju Week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I had both of those! I don't know if I still have the large figure, but all I have left of the Battle Action one is the leg with the street base...

    ReplyDelete