Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Most Secret of Saturdays: Part 2

Welcome back to Weird World everyone! I hope you enjoy our next segment!

Miniature Bliss
Today's topic is on the Secret Saturdays miniature adventure packs (if they even have a name). Each set has three figures and a small punch out and display background card. I have not punched out any of mine as I like them the way they are. All except the final set, are based on specific episodes, much like last week's sets. I have not included large descriptions with each set or anything as there is not much to say about them, other than they are well painted and scaled. Mattel certainly knows how to handle minis!


The Ravenous Raider
Featuring: Fiskerton, Zak, and Piecemeal.

Ice Cavern Crisis
Featuring: Zak, Van Rook, and the Amarok.

Volcanic Disruption
Featuring: Baron Finster, Zak, and Komodo

Midnight Feeding
Featuring: The Owlman, Zak, and Drew.

Antartic Encounter
Featuring: Pre-transformation Munya, Zak, and Doc.

Weird World Mansion
Featuring: V.V. Argost, Zak, and Munya

Thats it for now fellow Cryptozoologist! Tune in next week for the finale!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, now these are the ones I have! Most of them, anyways. Also, you know the action-figure sized cryptids they made? I bought the lake monster one...it's giant in the show so it goes pretty well with this scale! http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081201164319/secretsaturdays/images/3/3f/Alkalai.jpg

    Anyway, yeah, these figures are really great. I love the backgrounds, too; I think I punched some of them out but I put them right back into the card when I was done. xD

    Man, all this Secret Saturdays nostalgia (has it been long enough to count as nostalgia?) has me yearning for more shows with cryptozoology...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have all of those figures! Even all the variants! Except the ones only released in Europe anyhow lol. I thought the exact same thing about the lake monster too, great minds think alike I guess rofl.

      Definitely, next week I pull out the last of the playsets.

      We need more good shows like Secret Saturdays, most of whats on now is just mindless, random "humor". Action shows are few and far between. You can really only find them now on DC Nation. The Green Lantern show was great, I really enjoyed it. It was alot better than I was expecting. Young Justice was ok only because I appreciate what it was trying to do, Read: trying. But they really tried way too hard to make it deep and it just turned into a convoluted mess of info dumps, and plot threads where everybody had to betray every character at one point. It was just ridiculous lol.

      Delete