Sunday, September 22, 2013

Combat Revolved

Hello again everybody who reads this humble blog. I didn't really have a topic picked out for today. Buuuuuut, I was shopping at Big Lots today and I found something worth posting about!

Mini Spartan
Today at Big Lots I found a Halo "Micro Ops" (I thought it said DPS honestly until I got home lol, no idea what that would mean, but that O looks odd) High Ground Tower mini playset. Spent $12 on it, maybe a little more than it's worth but I got a neat little set piece out of it, and some new minis. Win, win.


War never changes...
Overall this is a pretty cool playset, good detail, three levels. Nice little sort of bombed out tower. My only complaint is that the thin parts that hold up the tent area on top. The poles are pretty fragile, and I was worried I'd snap them trying to assemble it. I left the tent part attached with the small twist tie, as it comes off pretty easy otherwise.


Interior Shots of Halo

Leet
In addition to a small Master Chief, the set comes with an Elite and Ghost to ride. The vehicle has small guns on the front that can be pivoted up and down, and the seat can slide back and forth to place him inside. he is in a permanent sitting position, so there is not much more you can do with him.

Just for good measure...

That is it for today, catch you later!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've seen some of these sets before; I love the terrain pieces but I wish the scale were bigger... =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not a bad scale, I think it fits the mini dinos pretty well, like in the last shot. Wish it was a little cheaper though, would of bought the other set that connects too.

      Delete